As this is a hacker con the rules are open to interpretation and improvisation. If you don't like a rule or an item on the list and you can figure out an alternate way to read it. Find Wilpig and see if you can convince him. Social engineering is highly encouraged.
Some items will obviously not make for good pictures to be on twitter and may be presented to Notlarry or Wilpig for credit in person. Use good judgement as to wether or not the image you are posting will come back on you in some fashion. Wilpig and Notlarry will not be held responsible for anything illegal you do.
- You must have a twitter account to participate and the ability to upload photos.
- For official contest picture submissions send them to @phreaknic with a hashtag of pn15
- All photos must be original and not a copy of someone else's.
- I will not accept a retweet as a new submission. See previous rule.
- NO Photoshops or image alterations.
twitter @phreaknic #pn15Notlarry or Wilpig personallyTwitter or in person
- 05Evidence of canibalism at the con Max of 5 entries
- 05Bring Wilpig or Notlarry a shot
- 15Give Vorshi a hug
- 10Give a lightning talk
- 20Give a prepared talk (a.k.a. on the schedule)
- 10Picture of you stacking someone
- 05Picture of you getting stacked Amateur
- 10Picture of Al or Dagmar signing your ass Bonus points for getting both simultaneously
- 05Intel inside sticker or an AMD Sticker
- 05486 Processor bonus points if it is in something functional
- 15Altoids tin used as a project box
- 10Blow a 0.1 on a breathalyzer
- 10A working Van DeGraaf generator +10 if you own it
- 15Rounding up a person NOT from your group who needs to take a shower (points awarded after target washes / points NOT awarded if contestant also needs to wash)
- 10A working 3.5" or 5.25" floppy and must be demonstrated
- 50Credit for a commit mentioning PhreakNIC in an open source software change log or comment within the source code (must still be present when PhreakNIC 15 is occurring).
- 30Sleep with Notlarry There must be some sort of proof. A drunken Notlarry story will not suffice
- 10A computer with a manufacture date before 2000 in working order
- 05Wearing an offensive shirt from tshirthell (or another vendor) that is no longer available on the original website for an entire day points lost if the same shirt is worn on the following day.
- 20A computer not manufactured to be portable, toted around in portable fashion (on, in working order). +10 if you own the computer
- 05A printed copy of an embarassing memo or emailPoint scale based upon the severity and name recognition of the target
- 1000Fresh disclosure of an as-yet nondisclosed vulnerability in the Linux kernel, Windows, Mac OS X, OpenBSD, OpenSSH, Bind 9, Firefox, Google Chrome, or another software package with wide-ranging implications
- 10Sailor Moon DVDs+5 if you can tell me why this is on the list
- 05Still porn image that will gross out Corydon illegal images [i.e. child porn] not permitted; single entry per person
- 05Porn video that will gross out Corydon again, illegal images not permitted; single entry per person
- 02Swag from a dot-com no longer in business Multiple items from different business will count individually. Bonus points if Wilpig wants it and can keep it.
- 05Ownership tag on equipment from a dot-com no longer in business
- 10Ownership tag on equipment from a dot-com in business that you do not work for
- 05Proof of former employment at a dot-com no longer in business
- 05Unusual form of caffeine i.e. not No-Doz, coffee, soda pop, Red Bull, or Bawls.
- 05Unusual alcoholic drink contestant must be 21 or older
- 10Credit in a software security advisory published on a major security site.
- 05Credit for a patch in an active open source project change log.
- 10Credit for being a major contributor to an active open source project.
- 20Credit for being the founding programmer of an active open source project.
- 02Badge from PhreakNIC1-5 or original shirt no reproduction shirts+2 for each limit one per con, per person
- 05Picture of you with LaughingBoy at PhreakNIC15. Has to be also sent to @patrick_burns along with @phreaknic
- 10Laser Cutter or CNC Mill
- 05Makerbot or other 3D printer
- 05Soldering iron
- 10Personally etched PCBBonus points for etching on site
- 10Hand crafted specialty tool
- 20Purchased something from Production Products
- 20Obtain Notlarry's pants. I don't care how you do it, preferably by force! Damaging the pants or Notlarry -200
- 05A golf ball
- 01Rubber band +10 if notlarry gets to pop you with it
- 0520 sided die being used
- 05A rubber fist
- 05Make something with legos on 9
Notlarry feed me with rules and info and stuff.
r00tw4rz will be at 14:00 saturday, the contest will run 2 hours, signups in the gaming area
1v1 deathmatch on classic maps. signup in the gaming area.