- Convention rates for rooms are $58.00/night.
- Up to four people may legally share a room;
more is a violation of fire codes.
- For the math impared, four people/room works out to ~$15/day
- Call the Drury Inn South @ (615) 834-7170 to reserve a room - better hurry - they're almost gone!
- The dates you want are Friday, October 29th through Sunday, October 31st.
- The conference name is "PhreakNIC"; use it to get your
- Unfortunately, you can't call the Drury's national 1-800#
& make the reservations; they aren't set up to give discount rates
you have to call the particular hotel hosting the convention to get
GENERAL HOTEL INFO
- Check-in is 3:00pm Friday (or Saturday - but why get there that late?)
- Check-out is noon Sunday (assuming we're all awake by then - which never happens!)
IMPORTANT INFO IF YOU AREN'T STAYING AT THE HOTEL
- You will be given a magstripe key card when you check in.
- You can get three keys max per room.
- The keys let you in your room and the main (gated) parking
- The keys also let you into the hotel itself between 10:00pm and
- You are technically supposed to be staying in a hotel room if you are
on the premises between 10:00pm and 6:00am.
- There is a free continental breakfast each morning from 6:00am until
10:00am for people staying at the hotel.
- Do NOT abuse the hotel; the Drury staff have been amazingly
cool and we want to return the favor. Cause trouble & we'll throw your
- PhreakNIC is open to the public from 3:00pm - 10:00pm Friday,
October 30th and from noon - 10:00pm Saturday, October 31st;
no badges required (except for r00t
- Anyone attending PhreakNIC who is also staying at the hotel
gets a free con badge and can participate in any event.
- Anyone attending PhreakNIC who is NOT staying at the hotel
must purchase a con badge for $5.00 (cash only, no checks) if they
wish to participate in events outside public hours.
- You must have a con badge to participate in
r00t WarZ in either case.
- If you don't have a badge during non-public hours, our Event Staff
will be more than happy to escort you from the premises.
- Our Event Staff consists of lots of Very Big Guys
(SCA, martial artists, etc.) wearing chainmail & carrying swords,
battle axes and other interesting antiques.
- We're not trying to be jerks with the badge requirement;
we're using it to discourage rednecks, drunken assholes,
etc. from crashing our party at 3AM...