Those who are bringing lots of stuff (computers, a/v gear, etc) to set up
in the con room need to make two lists of their equipment, including
make, model, serial# and description of each piece of gear. Take both lists
to the staff member on duty at the con room desk for equipment checkin.
Keep one list & leave the other at the con room desk. You will not be allowed
to take equipment into the con room without checking it in first. You will
not be allowed to remove equipment from the con room without an equipment
list matching the one on file at the con room desk. This is to prevent items
from walking off, disputes and/or equipment mix-ups.
- At least one change of clean clothing; we reserve the right to toss anyone outright odorous into the nearest shower
- Data recording devices (laptop, digital camera, camcorder, tape recorder, pen and notepad, etc.)
- Cool cds, videotapes, audio tapes, books, zines
- Ethernet capable computer, chock full of your favorite warez
- Every network cable you own
- An ethernet hub
- Extra laptop batteries for you portable folks
- Extra camcorder batteries
- Extra floppies, zip disks, etc
- Every power cord you own
- Every multi-outlet surge protector and/or extension cord you own
- Serial cable with every combination of gender switchers & adapters
- Hacked scanner/ham tranceiver and all accessories/toys
- Don't forget that antenna, extra batteries & AC/DC power adapter
- Oh yeah, frequency lists, FCC database, etc.
- Hacked cellphone
- Toys for above
- That Ramsey FM transmitter you built a few years back
- Leatherman; toolbox full o' handtools
- Lineman's handset
- Soldering iron
- Spare parts
- An extra TV/VCR/CD player/turntable would be nice
- All of your audio/video adapters & cables
- Cool old funky obsolete stuff (Atari 2600, TRS-80, ???)
- Stuff to sell/trade at the Bazaar
- Coffee & Tea (We'll have a coffee-maker there)
- Coffee mug for the above
PS - Please mark your cables and adapters, too.
- Leave the attitude at home.